CISTAR Communications Specialist (half time)
Responsible for communications and marketing for the Center for Innovative and Strategic Transformation of Alkane Resources – CISTAR. Work with the CISTAR Managing Director to prepare and implement a marketing and communications plan for CISTAR. Develop a consistent image of all CISTAR materials. Serve as the CISTAR contact for all communications projects. Responsible for the creation and delivery of all materials for CISTAR. Interact with faculty, staff, students, and communications professionals across all five CISTAR partners. Assist with the CISTAR annual report and miscellaneous other reports.
40% Marketing and Communications
- Work with the Managing Director to prepare and implement a marketing and communications plan for CISTAR programs related to research, education, mentoring, outreach, and industry relations. Develop a clear, consistent, and professional image of all CISTAR materials.
Responsible for the creation and delivery of all internal and external communication materials for CISTAR. This includes:
- printed materials: newsletters, brochures, posters, flyers
- digital materials: websites, videos, graphics, photographs, news items
- social media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- physical displays and promotional materials
- Activities will include: copy edit, record new footage and edit videos, take photographs and manage CISTAR photo data base, design materials using professional software, prepare presentations, write original content.
- Interact with faculty, staff, students, and communications professionals across all five CISTAR partners. Interact with vendors to take projects from ideas to completion. Serve as the CISTAR contact for all communications projects.
- Responsible to develop and manage the CISTAR communications and marketing budget.
- Assist with event planning.
- Assist with the CISTAR annual report and miscellaneous other reports.
- Interact with the CISTAR team, assist with data collection, writing, editing, formatting and timely submission of the annual report.
- Assist with design and other marketing activities for the Davidson School of Chemical Engineering.
- Assist with faculty, student and staff awards and recognitions.
- Serve as a CISTAR representative for communication initiatives and forums.
- Supervise and mentor an undergraduate science communication intern.
- Perform other activities as necessary to support CISTAR's goals.